Monday, January 12, 2009

A Front Moves Through



Yesterday was a beautiful, cold, crisp, clear winter day. Tonight my back hurts, my nose is cold and the temperature in on it's way to -10. At least my driveway is clear of the snow that fell all day (including the pile the plow put back in my driveway after I had moved it the first time). To cheer myself up I thought I'd post some other photos from yesterday.

The tall grasses along the boardwalk in the river valley looked like bright lights on very thin poles.



This fellow was just one of many American Robins that I saw on my walk. They were all over the area with open water.



As long as little streams like this stay open, the local birds will have a much better chance of making it through the next few days. This is also the spot to keep visiting to see if anything unusual shows up for a drink.



I really do love the patterns water makes as it flows along. The quiet surroundings let me hear the gurgling of this little ripple.

I think my birding for the next couple of days is going to be out the windows at school. I can usually count on being able to watch the wild turkeys as they scramble over the compost pile looking for "treats".

No comments: