Monday, December 15, 2008

Many Thanks to Brian Sullivan!

I want to give a public THANK-YOU to Brian Sullivan from the Cornell Lab for his help in making this blog a bit more useful. I had loaded the eBird gadget that shows notable bird reports from all over the country to this blog a while ago but the default setting always brought up the New York reports. I was having a heck of a time trying to get it to show Minnesota automatically when the blog opened. Well, long story short, Brian sent me an email that led me to just what I needed. From now on all you midwest folks should be able to see the great stuff showing up in Minnesota. Right now there are some summer birds that are still here but we're beginning to see those northern birds coming down for the winter. Siskins and Snow Buntings are around in good numbers. There have not been many reports of Snowy Owls on the listserves but the Raptor Center at the University of Minnesota has received quite a few sick and injured owls in the past couple of weeks. Once this severe cold front moves through we will have to get out and see what's still around.

Stay Warm! (It's currently 0 degrees here)

2 comments:

Dawn Fine said...

Glad you got the ebird gadget set right...I learned about this a few weeks ago...I travel allot so will change it according to where I go.
good job

MarkN said...

Rog -- You might have to show me the eBird stuff for my own blog. Stay warm! - -Mark