Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day House Wren



This little bird was the only capture of the day at my banding site (notice the yellow edge at the base of the bill). I wasn't sure what to expect today. The winds are quite strong and the high temperature for the day is supposed to be around 90 degrees. Not the best banding conditions at all. So to make sure there weren't any problems I started early and ended early. Especially because it was so quiet at the site.

Now, as luck would have it, there is supposed to be a cold front go through tonight/tomorrow and I think there are going to be lots of birds moving in around Wednesday morning. This figures since work will prevent me from doing any banding until the weekend and then Mark and I have both days booked. On Saturday we will be at Ritter Farm Park near Lakeville, MN and on Sunday we are headed to Wisconsin to band at a friends place. With any luck we will be seeing a good variety of migrants.

Stay tuned.

No comments: