Sunday, March 30, 2008

Birds on Science Friday

Hey Campers!

I wanted to pass along a link to a "Science Friday" program from NPR that broadcast just this last Friday. It's all about birds and bird conservation and includes interviews with Jeff Wells (author of Birder's Conservation Handbook), Glenn Phillips (NYC Audubon), Brad Mellema (Rowe Sanctuary in Nebraska), and Tom Mcguire (publisher of enature.com). Quite fun to listen to. It is about 45 mins. long and the site where the podcast is has some links to other resources.
Check out news about Rusty Blackbirds, Sandhill Cranes and Ivory-billed Woodpeckers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go link to NPR--I have it in my iTunes and on my iPod. Science Friday is one of my favorite NPR programs. :)

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed that program so much--except when the enature spokesman said that the best way to introduce kids to birds is through internet sites like his. I guess what he means is that kids are excited about the internet and maybe that interest can lead to nature exploration under the right circumstances. But he actually said, "dusty old books won't do it." Grrr.