Tuesday, August 22, 2017

The View From Central Nebraska

     After driving 1025 miles in 20 hours yesterday, it took me a little while to get going today but I thought I'd share a few photos from yesterdays eclipse. My son Chris and I were very lucky to find a great place to watch the event with a small crowd of others. The experience at totality was indescribable. Really a life enhancing moment.
     The beginning of the event. I was very happy with the solar viewers I constructed.
       Just before totality.
     I'm glad we got pictures because all we could do in the moment was stand in awe.
     This is sometimes called the "Diamond Ring Effect". This occurred as the totality ended.
     The sun returns!
    As the eclipse nears its end, we could see a row of small, dark spots near the center of the sun's disk. These are sun spots!

   All in all it was worth all the effort and then some. Getting to share it with my son made it all the more meaningful.






No comments: