Sunday, February 20, 2011

Burrowing Owl Video

Well we're surviving the recent snow storm as well as can be expected. The kids are upset because we have the day off for President's Day instead of getting a snow day. Best numbers I can find say that we got around 15" of snow between 9:30 am on the 20th and 10:30 this morning and it's still snowing! To take our minds off of the weather I found a nice little piece to post.

This is a video from Science Friday and is just wonderful. Not the stodgy "science" film you might expect. Just some fun with a beautiful bird on a beautiful summer day.

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

I can't believe that no one commented on this post! I have a great fondness for owls, and for burrowing owls in particular, so I thought the video was great. Also, educational--I had no idea that they spent so much time just standing and watching, watching, watching.

I've had this post queued up for watching for months now and have only just now gotten around to watching it. Thanks again!

Happy Spring!!