Sunday, March 2, 2008

March comes in on a mist...

Today was one of those days when time seemed to almost stand still. The day was gray, drizzly, cold and not in any way pleasant. It was a good day to catch up on dreaded jobs(which I did) but not one to inspire optimism. Then I read the postings on a couple of birding listserves (MN and WI) and am back in a generally good mood. It seems that the birds of spring are on the move. Red-winged blackbirds, sandhill cranes and killdeer are being reported not too far south of where I am. The next good southerly wind should move spring into the neighborhood! It makes me want to go out and make sure I see all the winter visitors before they get the urge to move north. I'm still battling a horrible chest cold but if I get the chance, it will be out to the woods this week!

Stay warm and dry and get ready, spring is on it's way...

No comments: