Monday, April 14, 2014

Migration in Pacific Northwest

Hey everybody -

     Looking at this mornings radar it appears there might be a lot of migratory movement in the area of northern Oregon and western Washington state. I'm not as familiar with that region as I am with others but I think there is a pretty good number of birds present. It would be nice to hear back from folks in that area to see if what I think I'm seeing on the radar is actually what's present "on the ground". It would also be interesting to find out what species are actually moving.
   Anyway, here's the image from approx. 8 am (CDT):

It's still cold and gray here so migration has slowed a bit. Lakes are beginning to open up in the southern part of Minnesota but northern Minnesota and Wisconsin are still "wintery".

Hang in there.

No comments: