Friday, May 16, 2008

More Pictures From Friday


American Redstart

Mark met me at school this afternoon to see if we could coax a few more birds into the nets before nightfall and sure enough, lots of stuff was still around. I'm still amazed at the number of Yellow-rumped Warblers we're seeing. With this strong wind out of the northwest we're experiencing, I expect they'll be around for at least a couple of more days.

I have seen some new species lately. Eastern Kingbird have shown up along the school driveway and I saw my first of the year Red-eyed Vireo tonight. I start teaching a spring ornithology class next Wednesday and I think the students will have lots to look at.


Wilson's Warbler

Tomorrow we're at Carver Park Reserve near Victoria, MN and are really excited about what we might see. The plan is to get out there early, scout some sites and then put every net we own. Our volunteers will be running for sure! If we get good stuff (and I'm sure we will), I'll post more pictures tomorrow.

Keep looking up!

1 comment:

troutbirder said...

Very interesting blog. Thanks. I couldn't agree more with your previous comments about connecting kids with the real world of nature instead of the artificial electronic one that is so pervasive.